Welcome! to HOPE Foundation for Women & Children of Bangladesh
Founded in 1999, HOPE Foundation for Women and Children of Bangladesh aims to provide health services to needy people in Bangladesh, particularly the women and children in rural areas. Over 90% of rural women give birth at home with no trained medical personnel present. As a result, three women die every hour due to pregnancy and childbirth complications. 48.6% of Bangladesh’s children under the age of 5 are chronically malnourished. Millions of children and women are suffering from preventable conditions. HOPE works tirelessly to serve those who otherwise could not afford healthcare. HOPE is working towards the following important United Nations Millennium Development Goals:
- Reduce Child Mortality, Improve Maternal Health
- Combat HIV/Aids
- Malaria and other Diseases
- Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women
- Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger.
Through HOPE Hospital and our HOPE Medical Centers, we are reaching over 30,000 women and children a year. Please join us and support our work. In addition to maternal, child and primary health care, HOPE Foundation also provides specialized care through our international partners in the following health areas:
- Ms. Kelly Land joins HOPE as Volunteer Nurse Educator for 18 months through AusTraining International.
- HOPE welcomes new Board of Director members: Dr. Rose Joseph, Dr. Kristina Deeter, Dr. Rashmi Murthy and Dr. James Howell.
- Mr. Subrata Basu joins HOPE as Executive Director for HOPE USA!
- HOPE Foundation was featured in our partner, Fistula Foundation’s 2013 Annual Report. See here: https://www.fistulafoundation.org/financials/annual-reports/
- A HOPE fistula patient’s story was featured in Girl’s Globe blog here: http://girlsglobe.org/2014/09/22/more-than-a-number/
- Resurge International will return in October to HOPE to host another burn repair and education camp!
- 23 cleft surgeries were done on August 20-21 by Dr. Biljoy Das, supported by our partner Smile Train.
- HOPE is now partnering with Bennison to deliver pajamas to help reduce infant mortality!